Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Violated

I don't think I'm a great person. Usually I'm not that fond of myself. I have a lot of faults. I leave lights on, I'm kind of selfish sometimes, ok alot of the time. I react irrationally to things that bug me and then later feel really guilty about it. I don't recycle much, and sometimes I screen the caller ID when my family calls.

One thing though. One thing I do is trust people. I like people. Even the ones I don't like, I kind of secretly like because I don't like them and that's fascinating. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I give them second chances, third chances. I talk a big game if someone pisses me off, but the instant they show any remorse I'm the one apologizing. So when I truly have to face that someone has done something completely and totally wrong, it gets to me-big time.

Without going into major details, I was stolen from this week. Someone who I trusted, let someone who she trusted into my house and subsequently I lost $145.50 plus 6 overdraft fees. I know-it is a strange amount, I'm still figuring that one out. Apparently those type of amounts are supposed to throw you off from realizing you've been robbed. You just think that it is one of your bills. Ah, the life of petty crime. Well these dummies picked the wrong person to work that one on, for sure. I didn't just miss the fact that $145.50 went missing from my account, because it also OVERDREW ME!

So how come I spent about 10 minutes staring at the scanned image of the check on my computer screen, knowing that it wasn't my signature, and yet desperately trying to figure out a way that it made sense without acknowledging that someone was really in my house, and really saw my checkbook lying there, and really and truly went through it, took one out of the middle and went on their merry way?

I hate it when this kind of shit happens. Now I have to start mistrusting everyone, and locking the door. I HATE locking the door. In a couple of weeks though I'm sure I'll find some way to blame it on myself, and I'll start the whole process over again.

Oh well. I guess I'd rather have the occasional inconvenience and live my life believing in basic human goodness than running around being bitter and cynical all the time.

5 comments:

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

1. my heart aches for you when i read this post.

2. please update your blog

3. preferably with pics or videos of Wyatt

4. can't wait for us to be real, life friends again

5. thanks for the 90201 reminder i read on facebook. i hadn't seen it, but loved that episode. we must discuss.

6. on the topic of facebook, i've read your status updates. you clearly haven't been using your study guide.

Hayley said...

I think you're a great person. That's why you have such a cute kid :-) xxoo

Lisa said...

Un-be-freakin'-lievable.

I read the whole first paragraph of this post going, "Me too! Me TOO! OMG, ME TOO!"

Here's hoping everything works out. Oh, and I tagged you by the way. :-)

Sorry for not commenting more often -I read all the time!

fan_girl34 said...

What the heck! Who does that? Ugh, that makes me sick that someone would do that. I leave my stuff lying around everywhere. What is the update on this? Do we need to get Chris Hansen and NBC's "to catch a thief" on this? (well their's is predator but who cares...)