Saturday, August 30, 2008

The power of three will set you free....

When I was pregnant with Wyatt, we had many loooong name discussions. We didn't find out whether he was a boy or girl, so there were double discussions. Actually the girl name came easily, but we bickered and picked over the boy name for a while. I liked a family name on his side, he didn't like it-the other family name on his side I liked his sister had always wanted...blah blah blah. Round and round.

Then one day we were on a long car trip and out of the blue he says "What about Wyatt?" I got ready to turn my nose up and then realized....I like that! Now, Chris liked Wyatt because it sounds tough. It reminds him of Wyatt Earp and Tombstone and Deadwood and whiskey and guns and horses and all that crap. I liked Wyatt for a different reason. I spent about 2 years of my life completely obsessed with Charmed reruns. I came home every day and watched it at 5pm. I recorded them (pre DVR) on our dilapidated VCR. Chris wasn't allowed to talk or walk through the room during Charmed time. For those of you who, sadly, aren't knowledgable about the best show ever-Wyatt is the name of Piper and Leo's baby. He's the first child of a white lighter and witch and is the most powerful magical being of all times!!! How cool is that? Very. I know.

You know how fun it is to torture your spouse in those ways that only you know how to do? People will say, "Oh Wyatt, like Wyatt Earp, a cowboy!" And I reply with "AND like Wyatt from Charmed! A powerful magical being!" Meanwhile, Chris is beside me twitching as his lips thin to nothing. Yes!

Last night we were at the Friday wine tasting at Once Upon a Vine-South and a lady heard Chris call his name and said "Oh I like that name! Wyatt, right? Like the Charmed Ones!" I nodded vigorously and said "Exactly!" Oh happy day! I could feel the annoyance rolling off of Chris in waves. Hee hee!

Of course, I got mine. I was in line with a pretzel chip in my mouth and turned around to do an evil laugh in Chris' face and ended up laughing in the face of some random guy. Pretzel chip all up in my teeth. Nice. It was worth it though!

Photobucket

No comments: