Friday, June 27, 2008

Poop Patrol

I've come to the realization that my life revolves around poop. I wonder if this is what my parents envisioned for me when they sent me off to UVA at 18. "Ah yes...one day our precious daughter will be the master of poo!"

I mean, I know all mom's deal with poop on a day to day basis. "Did he poop today? What did it look like? Was it soft, hard, brown, yellow?" We had more than our fair share of this due to some issues Wyatt had the first 6 months of his life. At that time he was going 9-10 times a day, explosive crazy poops that shot all the way up his back and rolled out of the neck of his little onesies...so not only was I obsessed with poop, I was constantly laundering poop. (FYI, I plan to blog about this at some point, my labor/delivery and first six months experience are the reasons I started this blog...I just haven't gotten up the energy to chronicle it yet.)

Then there's my job. I'm a nurse, on a general medicine floor...so when I walked in tonight I had one patient with diarrhea, and another with constipation...and several who can't get to the bathroom without assistance. So before I know it, I'm collecting poop in jars, wiping butts, giving enemas, and shuttling people to and fro left and right! Its like Cartman..."How come everything has to do with something going in or coming out of my BUTT??"

I love that episode of Scrubs where they do the poo song...this is pretty much my life. "All across the nation...we trust in defecation!" I LOVE IT!




So even when I'm at work I can't escape the poop. Poop at home, poop at work. And get this...Wyatt's issues are all straight now, but I still obsess over it a little, old habits are hard to break..but recently I caught him actually eating a little turdlet that fell out of his diaper! So then I had to deal with POOP BREATH! ARGH!

No comments: