Sunday, June 22, 2008

Its a Bunnytown life....

Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary, and it was a fabulous day. There weren't any fancy dinners, presents or even cards...but I spent the day with my two favorite people, plus got to see some old friends.

We checked out the new Southside Farmer's Market at Forest Hill Park. Its only been open a couple of months, so we weren't expecting the tents and crowds we saw...it was extremely cool, even more so when we got some free BBQ samples and a chorizo/egg breakfast burrito from Celito Linda-that's what I'm talking about. Weekend calories don't count when you're dieting, in case you didn't know. Furthermore, if its your anniversary its actually negative calories. So by my calculations I should have lost about 5lbs yesterday.

Then we....dum da dum....JOINED A POOL! Which means I have to frequently wear a bathing suit, but at least I'm around a bunch of other mom's and I can just ignore the little hard bodied lifeguards. They're like 12 anyway. Anyway, I'm absurdly excited about this. The pool is great, they have 3 different pools, snack bar, all kinds of events and its in the neighborhood where we eventually want to live. This was Wyatt's fist pool experience and he enjoyed himself a great deal. Before he got his "pool legs" he kept tipping over, but then he got it down and spent all kinds of time climbing in and out, splashing, and for some reason trying to drink the water out of the little toy crate in the pool. Silly baby. But you know, I really want to jump off the diving board and go down the slide. Am I too old for this now? Is it unseemly? Is it just my job to stand around in a be-skirted bathing suit with my hands on my hips and occasionally stop to apply sunblock?



Photobucket



So after all this excitement it was definitely time for a nap..for all 3 of us. In my world a perfect day just isn't complete without a little afternoon snooze. That out of the way, we went to my friend Jennie's client appreciation party on the river. There was a band, a moonbounce (didn't let Wyatt in that), more calorie free food and tons of friends we never get to see anymore because we have no life. Oh and a huge rainstorm just to keep things exciting. Wyatt ate about 14 hotdog buns. He apparently inherited my love of carbs. I got to see an old co-worker of mine and his super delicious 6 month old baby girl. Adorable! Definitely gives me the itch for another.

Photobucket

I think this one was about my 3rd beer. My 3rd calorie free Legend Lager that is.

Photobucket

Photobucket


After the munchkin went down, we finished off the bottle of wine we opened Friday and watched "Superbad" on our new HD Starz on Demand channel. Niiiiiice! By the way, here is Chris' sock as I found it on Friday night. Yes, its stuck to wall. And you can still see the imprints of his toes in it. This is what I've been married to for 5 years. And I've loved ALMOST every second of it!

Photobucket

No comments: